www.FengShuiPlaza.com

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Questions: Inside the Home

Question: I live in a split foyer house and the first thing you see when you come up the stairs is the kitchen. What do I need to do? I have been told the kitchen should not be the first thing to see when you enter a house?

Answer: You can add a tall plant, Asian screen or furniture between the entrance door and kitchen, to slow down and to redirect Chi... energy.

Question: My wife and I are having a friendly dispute in our kitchen about keeping a nice set of kitchen knives out on the counter. I cook a lot and find it convenient to have them out and always within reach for chopping vegetables etc. She maintains that it is bad Feng Shui and the knives should be put away behind cupboard doors. I argue that our kitchen has been full of good energy and happiness for years and it is much more convenient to have them out on the counter. What would be the opinion of a Feng Shui expert?

Answer: From a Feng Shui perspective it is bad Feng Shui to leave knives exposed. However, I'm smiling because in my city home I have the knives put away, and in my mountain home I have them out on the counter. So, I'm probably not the best Feng Shui consultant to ask!

The reason for hiding knives is strictly based on health and SAFETY. So, if you are a family that is in balance, and are just having a "friendly dispute," and/or do not live in a high risk (crime) area, then you should be fine either way. Nonetheless, you will want to trust your gut on this one!

Question: Where is the gua area of my home?

Answer: "Typically" a house has 9 gua areas, and 9 gua areas divide each room inside a house as well. You can learn how to use the Ba-gua (9 gua areas) correctly in our FENG SHUI EMPOWERMENT program.